Friday, October 31, 2008

Dion and the Pope

Stephane Dion is invited to meet with the Pope while he is vacationing in Venice .

The Canadian MSM watches the semi-private audience.

The Pope asks Dion to join him on a Gondola ride through the canals of Venice .They're admiring the sights and agreeing on moral issues when, all of a sudden, the Pope's hat (zucchetto) blows off his head and out into the water.

The gondolier starts to reach for the Pontiff's cap with his pole, but this move threatens to overturn the floating craft.

Dion waves the tour guide off, saying, 'Wait, wait. I'll take care of this. Don't worry.'

He steps off the gondola onto the surface of the water and walks out to the Pope's hat, bends over and picks it up. He walks back across the water to the gondola and steps aboard.

He hands the hat to the Pope amid stunned silence.

The next morning the headline on, CTV News , CBC News, The Globe and Mail, Global News, and the National Post is:

Dion Can't Swim !

3 comments:

Karen said...

Absolute perfection!

ottlib said...

I wish I could take credit for it.

This was sent to me by a buddy of mine at work. He got it from someone else.

I do not know the origin of the joke but I thought it funny so I decided to share it with all of you.

WesternGrit said...

LOL... Hilarious!